Skip to main content

Lagos Philanthropist Runs Into Trouble with a Beneficiary After Sharing Her Photo Online

Adepeju Olukokun has been accused of fraudulently using the picture of a crippled beggar for publicity stunts on social media.
 
The philantropist, Adepeju Olukokun
 
30-year-old Bosede Adelani, beggar, has raised alarm over her viral pictures with helper, Adepeju Olukokun, whom she met while standing at a junction on Acme Road, Lagos.
 
While narrating how they met, she said: “He sat beside me and asked if I needed a wheelchair and I told him that I already had one. He brought out a bundle of money and it surprised me because nobody had given me that much money before.
 
But he continued holding the cash asking me questions. When I realised that he seemed to be really interested in what I needed, I then told him that I was setting up a shop to sell soft drinks.

Through the money I made from alms, I had bought a freezer. All I needed was the shop. I told him this. When he was leaving, he gave me N1,000 and I thanked him."
 
Adelani said she was shocked when she started receiving calls from family and friends asking about “the man who had made her rich.” They said I was all over the internet. 
 
She said she contacted Olukokun, who told her to come to the office of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad if she still wanted help.
 
“When I called back again, I wanted to beg him to pull down the pictures online because I did not want to be used for a publicity stunt. He said I was disturbing him,” Adelani said. 
 
The woman said she was afraid for her life and fear attack by “area boys” who believe she is now rich. 
 
When Punchng contacted Olukokun, he explained that he was indeed interested in helping the woman but that after he posted the picture, a lot of people had called him to indicate that they had helped Adelani many times but she had refused to leave the street. 
 
“She lied that I gave her N1,000. I actually gave her N4,000. I have helped many people. I told her to come to the SARS office so she could write an undertaking that if I helped her, she would leave the street. But she has refused to come,” he said.
 
Asked if he could simply pull down her pictures, Olukokun said the pictures were evidence of his works since he ran an NGO. In a post on his page, he addressed the issue further.
 
Follow the drama from the screenshot below:
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The way of the Dragon ��(1972) Tamil dubbed movie Bruce Lee

So Scary! Dead Bodies Stick Out Of Imota Cemetery, Lagos (Disturbing Photos)

A Nigerian broadcast journalist has exposed an impending danger in Lagos as dead bodies are not properly buried in a makeshift cemetery.     Aderibigbe Adeola Gentlesoul, a TV presenter at Galaxy Television has shared disturbing photos of a cemetery at the Imota area of Lagos State where decomposing corpses stick out their body parts owing to lack of proper burial.   The journalist has called on appropriate authorities to attend to the anomaly before the stench emenating from the region leads to an outbreak of diseases in the region.     He posted the pictures on Facebook with the words below: 'On Friday, I have the privilege of being the first journalist to visit, Imota Cemetery of horror. Hope this picture can go viral and force government to find a solution before the breakout of an epidemic'            

Reasons Why Nigerians Can Never Part With Ponmo

Ponmo is a delicacy many Nigerians cannot do without and many have prioritized the meat as their favorite. Some Nigerians have given reasons why they cannot do without the delicacy. Ponmo   The delicious succulent texture of ponmo when cooked and seasoned, makes it a favourite food of many Nigerians.